We’ll start by learning the song progression to “First Cut Is The Deepest” (check out the Sheryl Crow version on YouTube). I’ll also show you a super powerful strumming pattern that you can use to not only play this song but 1000′s of others too. In Guitar in a Nutshell we have lots of these, we call them Universal Strums. They’re the most versatile and useful patterns you can know!
Once you’ve got the chords and structure down from part one it’s time to complete the full strumming pattern. This is going to add quite a lot of goodness into proceedings by including 2 bass notes on each chord along with the ‘brush stroke’. Don’t forget that members on the site can upload the same backing tracks as I’m using in the videos into the Practice Software and slow it all down as much as they want.
Learn More Songs
- Time Of Your Life – Green Day
- Tequila Sunrise – The Eagles
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Norwegian Wood – The Beatles
- Lyin Eyes – The Eagles
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Knockin On Heavens Door – Bob Dylan
- Heart Of Gold – Neil Young
- Have You Ever Seen The Rain – CCR
- Eight Days A Week – The Beatles