In this article I reveal the two things to look out for when selecting easy songs to learn
The best songs to start off learning will have
- 1 or 2 progressions maximum that repeat around and around for the entire duration of the song
- One strumming pattern for the entire song
There are many hundreds of songs which fit this bill, some of them are huge hits and very famous.
- Stand By Me by Ben E King
- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- A Horse With No Name by America
- Knockin On Heavens Door by Bob Dylan
- The First Cut Is The Deepest (Sheryl Crow or Cat Stevens)
The advantage is that you only have to master a small amount of information in order to play the song from start to finish. That gives you less things to worry about and lesson things to practice.
See the beginner song module in the guitar course on this site for lots of these kinds of songs!
Continue Reading > I’m Having Trouble Playing Guitar And Singing At The Same Time
01. How Do You Know When You’re Ready To Start Learning Songs?
02. How Many Chords And Strums Do You Need To Know?
03. The Correct Way To Practice Songs On Guitar
04. Why It’s A Bad Idea To Learn Your Favorite Songs First
05. What Are The Easiest Songs For Beginners To Start With?
06. I’m Having Trouble Playing Guitar And Singing At The Same Time