You only need a small amount of strums and chords to begin playing popular songs on guitar
It can be easy to think that you need to know a ton of different strumming patterns and hundreds of different chords in order to be able to play lots of songs.
The reality however is that 100’s of songs can be played with the same set of 10 chords and using one of the three universal strums I teach in this course. That’s all you need to get started.
Those 10 chords give you 2 complete keys…
C Major: C Dm Em F G Am Bdim
G Major: G Am Bm C D Em F#dim
- Universal 1 (Learn it here)
- Universal 2
- Universal 3
One Final Tip:
Make sure that you spend your time learning the big stuff first. That means the most commonly used chords and the most powerful and useful strums.
That way you’ll lay down a broad foundation very quickly and from there you can start to specialize in your chosen direction on guitar.
Continue Reading > The Correct Way To Practice Songs On Guitar
01. How Do You Know When You’re Ready To Start Learning Songs?
02. How Many Chords And Strums Do You Need To Know?
03. The Correct Way To Practice Songs On Guitar
04. Why It’s A Bad Idea To Learn Your Favorite Songs First
05. What Are The Easiest Songs For Beginners To Start With?
06. I’m Having Trouble Playing Guitar And Singing At The Same Time