How to take all these random chords we’ve been going through and organize them into a perfect little musical family.
In order for guitar chords to really make “musical sense” you need to understand how they are grouped together into keys. A key is a collection of 7 chords where everything sounds good together and harmonious, it forms a kind of musical circle.
When you start to put the chords you know into a solid and logical framework music is going to start making a lot more sense. In short, it will remove a lot of the mystery about how all this stuff works.
The first 2 keys you should learn are C major and G major, if you’re wondering what chords go well together then this information is going to be enlightening for you!
All Songs Are Written Inside Of A Chosen Key. There Are 24 Of Them To Choose From And Each One Contains A Total Of 7 Chords
It’s not necessary to use all the chords contained in a key, in fact, many of the most well known hit songs contain only 3 or 4 chords the whole way through.
In the next section I’ll show you what chords you’ll come across most often in songs so if you’re looking for a place to start to practice then these two groupings of chords would be ideal.
Continue > What Guitar Chords Are Most Used In Songs?
Contents: Watch The Videos…
01. The 10 Essential Chords You MUST Know (Part 1)
02. How To Get Perfect Sounding Guitar Chords (NO BUZZING)
03. What Chords Go Well Together? How Are They Grouped Into Keys?
04. What Guitar Chords Are Most Used In Songs?
05. How To Change Chords Faster
06. What’s The Best Way To Find The Guitar Chords For A Song?
07. What Chords Are Good For Country Songs?
08. 3 All-Time Classic Chord Progressions To Practice
09. Ever Heard Of Guitar Gymnastics? Try These Stretching Exercises For Chords
10. Time For A Little Magic – How To Add Color And Spice Up “Boring” Chords